Our Stain Removal Process
Identifying the Substance
We will first analyze the location and identify any spots, stains, or blemishes in the carpet. We may ask you to identify the substance in order to pin point which procedure would best eliminate it's appearance. If you can't remember, no big deal. Our expert technicians are equipped to accurately analyze each stain.
If the stain appears to have a sheen, it often means the spot is a synthetic, or man-made, substance. If the stains has a dull appearance, it's most likely an organic, or naturally occurring, substance. It doesn't matter whether the substance's origin is synthetic or organic - we can easily take care of both.
We may test the spot for a pH reading to further classify the substance, use a pocket microscope to establish if the stain is within the carpet fiber or coating the outside of the carpet fiber, or we may identify the stain through odor by wetting and blotting the stained area with a towel.
Determining Appropriate Treatment
After we have correctly determined the substance, we will ascertain the correct class of chemical to effectively withdraw the substance matter from the carpet fibers.
The guidelines we adhere to are as follows:
Call Us at 509-424-5953
FREE INSTANT QUOTE
SPECIAL OFFER IF YOU BOOK TODAY!
The Physical Removal
After we have determined the identity of the substance and the appropriate course of treatment for permanent removal, we will follow these steps to completely eliminate the stain:
- Initially remove contamination through blotting and/or vacuuming the stained surface.
- If the source of the stain remains unknown by this point, we will target the area with a dry solvent spotter and then proceed to a wet solvent spotter.
- We will apply a controlled amount of spotting solution using the utmost precision during application, as the last thing we want is to add moisture to the base of the carpet and cause a reoccurring spot.
- A tamping brush and towel will be used carefully so there is no damaging, weakening, or agitation of the carpet fibers.
- Our technicians will work from the outside in so the stain is unable to spread.